Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I didn't go to law school for THIS!

I am a half-practicing attorney and am grappling with the issues that plague most of the attorneys I know. Are any of us well? I mean truly... Chronic diseases, depression, addition, obesity, total lack of fitness... of course this isn't every attorney, but this profession lends itself to being chained to a desk for hours on end - with one objective in sight... billable hours and work product.

Right out of law school I worked for a firm that paid a portion of your gym membership, which was conveniently located right next door, but they encouraged you to use your lunch hour to visit the gym... so I should give up eating lunch in order to get to the gym? That didn't work for me but neither did many things that I encountered in the practice of law.

I ultimately found that balance and wellness were far more important to me than the prestige of big firm practice. I happily settled into my small town solo practice and I take the time to do the things I want to do!

One of those is to help other attorneys find their balance, pursue wellness and reignite their bliss!

I regularly will update this blog with current articles and insights, however, if you are interested in taking a look at where you are comparing that to where you would like to be and discussing whether I can help you get there with as little discomfort as possible, drop me a note!

I also work with law firms that desire to assist their attorneys with the pursuit of wellness... It's an awesome employee benefit that sets your firm apart from the others.

May your days be filled with enough billable hours to make your play fun, but not so many that you never make it to the field to play!

-Alana

alana@jalanacoaching.com
www.jalanacoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment